due to the continuously high numbers of coronavirus infections, we provide all information on this page about the precautions we take on site.
First of all we would like to assure you that we are still there for you 24 hours a day!
Our pet cremation service always works according to the strictest hygiene rules, regardless of extreme situations. However, we only offer our services in personal contacts with you to a very limited extent.
Deciding how far to return back to normal, especially considering the emotional situation you find yourself in, is difficult. We want to protect you and ourselves. Currently the following changes are in effect until further notice:
- Pre-cremation consultations are only made by telephone
- If your pet has died, we will of course continue to collect it from the vet and also from your home, but only outside from your garden or front door. Please ensure there is enough space there and please wear a mouth and nose protection.
- If you bring your pet to us yourself, the nationwide 3G rule - vaccinated, recovered, tested - applies to come in to our office. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated or is considered to have recovered must provide a rapid antigen test (max. 24 hours old) or a PCR test (max. 48 hours old) carried out by a doctor, test centre or the pharmacy. A maximum of 2 people are allowed in. Please wear a mouth and nose protection; this also applies to the entire outdoor area of our company premises! If you don't have 3G proof, we will only accept your pet outside.
- We have to refrain from any contact, such as shaking hands or comforting hugs. Instead of long personal conversations in our office, we are happy to support you by phone during this difficult time, on site we limit your visit to a minimum.
- Instead of long personal conversations in our rooms, we are happy to help you by phone during this difficult time, on site we limit your visit to a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Farewells with the whole family are not yet possible on our premises.
- When returning the ashes to you, the same rules apply as when you bring your pet: 3G proof, max. 2 people, mouth and nose protection. If you do not want to provide the 3G proof, we will hand over the ashes outside. Please note that this only takes place after payment has been made; if necessary, have the total amount ready in cash.
In order to avoid being stuck in a waiting line due to longer telephone calls, you will be forwarded directly to the answering machine. Please leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Should you still hear the busy line tone, it means that all lines are busy, including the ATM. Alternatively, you can then also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treating you and your beloved pet with all due respect is still in the focus of our efforts, even in these unusual times! We will do our best to assist you.
We thank you for your understanding.